World Engineering Day is a global celebration of how engineers, technicians, and technologists make a difference.
- Celebrate engineers in your life. Honor colleagues, family, and friends by:
- Taking a minute to say thank you.
- Recognizing an engineer’s achievements in your organization’s newsletter.
- Nominating an engineer you admire for an award.
- Join us on social media for #WorldEngineeringDay. Share photos of:
- Engineering projects you work on or admire.
- You and your project teams.
- Engineers you want to recognize for their good work or inspiration.
- Engineering celebrations (example: from your Engineers Day, Week or Month events).
- Quotes about being an engineer.
AND some selfies!
- Host a World Engineering Day event.
- Plan a coffee or lunch with a few colleagues or host a larger celebration in-person or virtually.
- Invite an inspiring speaker to deliver a virtual or live talk on World Engineering Day
54% of Global Engineer Survey respondents believe that we will have a shortage of engineers in the future.
We love our sponsors
Get Logos and Social Media Graphics
Click Promotional Resources
In 2020, DiscoverE’s Global Engineer Survey set out to explore the future of engineering—such as daunting global challenges, our ability to solve these challenges, factors that might limit our ability, and what might be the next big frontier in engineering.
Here’s what 10,077 engineers from 119 countries had to say:
- With the right support, 18-24 year old engineers, technicians and technologists are the most optimistic that they can solve global challenges.
- Top four global challenges for engineers in the next 25 years:
- Securing cyberspace
- Economical clean energy
- Sustaining land and oceans
- Sustainable and resilient infrastructure
- The #1 factor necessary to solve global challenges is more support from government and policy makers.
- 96% of engineers say that volunteering with primary and secondary students to introduce them to engineering is important.
Want to see more survey results?
2023 Resources Coming Soon!
Key Dates + Hashtags
Sunday, February 19: #Eweek2023 Kick Off
Tuesday, February 21: #FutureCity2023 Finals
Thursday, February 23: Celebrate #GirlDay2023 + Chats with Change Makers
Saturday, February 25: Last Day of #Eweek2023
Saturday, March 4: Celebrate #WorldEngineeringDay
World Engineering Day Graphic
- #WorldEngineeringDay is on March 4, 2023 – join the global celebration! Tell us how engineers are Creating the Future!
- Get ready for #WorldEngineeringDay on March 4, 2023! Join us as we celebrate how engineers make the world a better place.
We have a photo library of copyright free images you can use in your marketing materials