Want to join our team?
See current job openings on LinkedIn.
Chair, Nominating and Governance Committee
Tenured Professor of Mathematical Sciences; Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, College of Science at George Mason University
Deputy Executive Director
Director of Programs
Program Manager, Future City
- More than 300,000 volunteers and educators work with 5 million students each year to engage students in engineering.
- 51% of students are White, 22% are Hispanic, 16% are Black/African-American, 9% are Asian, 2% are American Indian or Native Hawaiian.
- 40% are below the Federal Poverty Level
- 53% are girls and 47% are boys
As a result of participating in DiscoverE programs:
- 92% of teachers said their students practiced their problem-solving abilities.
- 86% of teachers reported their students learned about engineering degrees.
- 82% of teachers said their students gained confidence in their ability to do engineering activities.
Yet More Needs To Be Done
- 84% of DiscoverE educators and 88% of volunteers report meeting a STEM professional helps students learn about engineering careers.
- 74% of educators report that their students do not have many opportunities to meet an engineer or technical professional.